Please ensure you have read the Solar Retailer Code of Conduct document.
Applicants to the Clean Energy Council Solar Retailers Code of Conduct (the code) will be required to:
- Demonstrate that they have been operating in the solar industry for at least 12 months.
- Complete the online application form.
- Complete the Self-Assessment Compliance Check in the application form.
- Demonstrate compliance with all aspects of the code, including providing customers with a minimum five-year whole-of-system warranty on workmanship and all products.
- Submit to an integrity/financial check carried out by an external agency (organised and paid for by the Clean Energy Council). Applicants who are found to have directors or managers who have been a director or manager of a failed solar company will not be approved.
- Explain any historical and/or current rulings or any public warnings issued by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) or state-based consumer affairs agencies.
- Provide the Clean Energy Council with examples of customer documentation.
Based on the information collected, the Clean Energy Council will make an assessment as to whether the applicant has sufficiently demonstrated compliance with the code and has the systems and procedures in place to ensure ongoing compliance.
The Clean Energy Council will acknowledge receipt of each application. The approval process can take up to eight weeks.
Formal feedback on the application assessment will be provided to the applicant. Incorrect or incomplete information submitted by an applicant may lead to the delay or rejection of an application. If an application is rejected, subsequent applications will incur the standard application fees.