On completion of the required training or recognition of prior learning, the applicant may submit an application to be provisionally accredited.
A provisional accreditation application must include:
- application form (online)
- Certificate of Currency/Proof of Public Liability Insurance cover (minimum of $5 million coverage)
- record of successful completion of all required training units
- copy of current unrestricted Australian/New Zealand Electrical Licence (required for 'grid-connect design and install' and 'grid-connect install only')
- proof of current Working Safely at Heights certification (required for Install accreditation)
- payment of $120 + GST, payable by electronic funds transfer (EFT) or cheque.
Once we have received all of the documentation listed, the accreditation process usually takes three to five working days.
All international engineering qualifications must be recognised by Engineers Australia.
If your application is unsuccessful, please note that we will refund your payment minus a processing fee of $30 inc. GST.
Note: provisional accreditation expires three months from the date of award. Before expiry, the accredited person must submit an application to upgrade to full accreditation.
Where an applicant has not provided a successful upgrade application by their expiry date, their accreditation status will expire.
You will have a maximum of one month from when your accreditation expired to either submit your upgrade application, or apply for an extension (maximum of three months).
If you do not submit an application, your accreditation will remain expired and you will not be able to reapply for provisional accreditation for 12 months.
Please note: From the first week of July 2019, you will not receive an accreditation number until after you have passed your online assessments. You will have one month to do this. Once online assessments have been passed, you will receive an accreditation number. From then you'll have two months to complete the requirements and apply to upgrade to full accreditation. Find out more about what this change here.