Accreditation with the Clean Energy Council gives installers access to continuous professional development and technical support to ensure the best possible standard of solar photovoltaic (PV) installations across Australia.
The Solar PV Accreditation Scheme covers stand-alone and grid-connected PV power supply systems, with endorsements for micro-hydro, small wind and hybrid systems.
By choosing an accredited installer, customers can feel confident that they will receive a high quality, safe and reliable solar PV system.
The accreditation scheme aims to:
- increase the uptake of solar PV power systems by giving customers increased confidence in the design and installation work
- improve the safety, performance and reliability of solar PV systems installed in the field
- encourage industry best practice for all design and installation work involving solar PV power systems
- give solar installers access to training opportunities to keep their skills up-to-date
- maintain a network of competent solar PV power systems designers and installers.
Retailer Code of Conduct
The Clean Energy Council maintains a voluntary code of conduct that retailers can sign to demonstrate their commitment to solar industry best practice. For more details, see the Solar PV Retailer Code of Conduct.