How to apply
If your modules are certified to the appropriate IEC standards and you wish them to be added to the Clean Energy Council Approved Products List, you will need to supply:
- PDF copies of the compliance certificates
- Construction Data Form (CDF) associated with the certificate
- Details of the how the date and place of manufacture are traceable from the serial number
- Technical sales datasheet/brochure
- Installation manual
- Representative module rating label
These documents are assessed against the application checklist. You are strongly advised to check each point in the checklist carefully to reduce the time for processing your application.
- Once payment is received, the Clean Energy Council will verify your certificates with the issuing national certifying body (NCB) and check your documentation. You will be contacted within two weeks with an approval or a request for further information.
- The downloadable PDF of approved modules is updated fortnightly. The table on the Approved Products List page provides the most up to date information.
- If you have technical difficulties with the online application form, you may email the application details, documents and the list of model numbers for approval to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your modules are certified for a higher standard of quality or are certified for specific environments as detailed on our Enhanced PV module quality and testing page, you may submit details for consideration by email at the time of application.
The CEC will only provide an enhanced listing if it can be shown that all materials on the Construction Data Form are covered by the enhanced certification.
No additional fee is charged for enhanced listings.
New IEC standards
The CEC will accept certificates to the 2016 versions of the IEC 61215 and IEC 61730 standards, subject to the certifier and test laboratory having these standards in their scope on the IECEE website.
Where these bodies are not yet listed with IECEE, the CEC may accept the certificates subject to IECEE listing occurring within four months of the certificate issue date.