Please ensure you have read the Solar Retailer Code of Conduct document.
Applicants to the Clean Energy Council Solar Retailers Code of Conduct (the code) will be required to:
- Demonstrate that they have been operating in the solar industry for at least 12 months.
- Complete the online application form.
- Complete the Self-Assessment Compliance Check in the application form.
- Demonstrate compliance with all aspects of the code, including providing customers with a minimum five-year whole-of-system warranty on workmanship and all products.
- Submit to an integrity/financial check carried out by an external agency (organised and paid for by the Clean Energy Council). Applicants who are found to have directors or managers who have been a director or manager of a failed solar company will not be approved.
- Explain any historical and/or current rulings or any public warnings issued by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) or state-based consumer affairs agencies.
- Provide the Clean Energy Council with examples of customer documentation.
Based on the information collected, the Clean Energy Council will make an assessment as to whether the applicant has sufficiently demonstrated compliance with the code and has the systems and procedures in place to ensure ongoing compliance.
The Clean Energy Council will acknowledge receipt of each application. The approval process can take up to eight weeks.
Formal feedback on the application assessment will be provided to the applicant. Incorrect or incomplete information submitted by an applicant may lead to the delay or rejection of an application.
Unsuccessful applicants must wait three months from the date of rejection before applying again. Before re-applying, they must sufficiently demonstrate to the Code Coordinator in writing that they can comply with the Code and have the systems and procedures in place to ensure ongoing compliance. The written assurance needs to be signed by a director of the company or an authorised representative. A second rejection will result in the applicant waiting six months before re-applying. If the applicant is rejected a third time, they must wait 12 months before applying again. The Code Administrator has the right to decline a third application if the applicant’s behaviour or actions are considered inconsistent with the Code. Please note that applications are processed in the date order they are received to ensure fairness among applicants.
Applicants are subjected to a rigorous screening process when applying to the Code. We must be confident that Approved Solar Retailers understand the requirements of the Code and their documentation and business practices are Code-compliant and embedded into their systems. Subsequent applications will incur the standard application fees.