To ensure the high quality of solar installations by accredited installers, the Clean Energy Council produces both design guidelines and install and supervise guidelines for grid-connect systems.
While the guidelines set requirements that must be followed, they do not constitute a fully definitive set of rules and are to be read in conjunction with all relevant Australian Standards.
Where these guidelines have additional requirements above that stated in the Australian Standards, then these guidelines should be followed:
- Grid-Connected Energy Systems with Battery Storage (PDF) - Mandatory from 1 October 2016
Please note: As of 1 November 2017 these guidelines will be superseded by the Battery Installation Guidelines below.
- Battery Installation Guidelines for Accredited Installers (PDF) - Effective 15 August 2017, mandatory from 1 November 2017
(Supersedes the Grid-Connected Energy Systems with Battery Storage Guidelines from 1 November 2017)
- Grid-Connected Solar PV Systems: Install and Supervise Guidelines for Accredited Installers (PDF) - Mandatory from 1 July 2017
- Grid-Connected Solar PV Systems: No Battery Storage, Design Guidelines for Accredited Installers – February 2013 (PDF)
- 30 - 100 kW Grid-Connected Solar PV Systems: No Battery Storage, Design Guidelines for Accredited Installers (PDF) - Mandatory from 1 July 2016
The data tables attached are provided in addition to the grid-connect design guidelines. They contain information on the annual daily irradiation on an inclined plane expressed as percentage of the horizontal value: