1. Apply for approval to connect
Installer submits connection application to TasNetworks on the customer's behalf.
TasNetworks assesses and approves connection application.
Once TasNetworks assesses your application and makes sure that it meets the appropriate technical standards and requirements, you will be sent confirmation that your application has been approved.
2. System installed
Installer submits EWR (Electrical Work Request) to your retailer and a Certificate of Compliance to WorkSafe Tasmania
3. Meter change
TasNetworks will match up the Connection Agreement and EWR and endeavour to fit a digital import-export meter within four weeks (20 business days).
Once this has been done, your installer will activate your system.
If this has not been done within the four-week timeframe, you will need to follow up with your installer to ensure they have submitted your paperwork correctly.
- Customer signs STC Assignment Form only after installation is complete (system capable of producing electricity but does not need to be connected to meter)
- Customer to read Clean Energy Council's Consumer Guide
- Use a Clean Energy Council-accredited installer
- Who is my distributor? http://www.switchwise.com.au/electricity/distributors/